SALAAT OF THE EIDAIN
Things which are MUSTAHAB and SUNNAT on EID DAYS:
- To take a BATH and use MISWAAK.
- To put on one’s BEST CLOTHES.
- To use ITR.
- To eat DATES or any other SWEETS before going for the EIDUL FITR Salaat.
- To give SADAQATUL FITR BEFORE going for the EIDUL FITR Salaat.
- To perform the Eid Salaat at the EID GAAH (a place fixed for EID Salaat outside the population).
- To go by FOOT towards the EID GAAH. (Walking)
- To go by ONE ROUTE and return by ANOTHER.
- NOT to perform NAFL at HOME or at the EID GAAH BEFORE and AFTER the EID Salaat.
- To EAT the MEAT of QURBAANI (sacrifice) of one’s own offering, after the EIDUL ADHAA Salaat.
- It is MUSTAHAB to say TAKBIR ALOUD while going for EIDUL ADHAA Salaat.
- Both the Eid Salaat are WAAJIB upon all those on whom the JUMUAH Salaat is FARZ.
- The conditions for Eid Salaat are the same as those for Jumuah.
- However, KHUTBA is NOT Farz for EID nor is it Farz to be said BEFORE the Salaat.
- KHUTBA after Salaat is SUNNAT.
- There are TWO Rak’aats in each of the TWO Eid Salaat with SIX extra TAKBIRS.
- There is NO Azaan or Iqaamat.
*On EIDUL FITR one should say TAKBIR in a LOW voice while going for Salaat.