HOW THE QABR SHOULD BE FILLED AND SHAPED
- It is MUSTAHAB to begin closing the recess or trench from the LEG side for MALES, and from the HEAD side for FEMALES. All the remaining little openings should be closed with mud or grass. The use of any FABRIC or BLANKETS is unnecessary and wasteful. All those present should participate to fill the QABR with at least THREE handful of soil. When throwing the FIRST handful in the grave RECITE:
- It its MAKROOH to add more soil to the QABR than that which was dug out from it.
- The shape of the QABR when filled should he like the HUMP of CAMEL. The height should be approximately 25 to 30 cms. It should NOT be made SQUARE or into any other shape. All types of buildings and enclosure on or around the QABR are NOT permissible. Building on QABR have been emphatically denounced in the Habit of Rasulullah (S.A.W.).
- It is MUSTAHAB to sprinkle water on the grave from the head to leg side thrice after the Qabr has been shaped.
- To recite the Qur’an and Du’aa for the deceased at his grave side, after the grave is filled and shaped, is also MUSTAHAB.
- It has been related by Hazrat UTHMAN (R.A.) that after Rasulullah (S.A.W.) buried the dead, he paused and said: “Beseech forgiveness from Allah for your brother and make Du’a for his steadfastness because he is going to be questioned now by the MUNKAR and NECKER.”
- MASNOON DU’AS THAT MAY BE READ IN THE JANAAZAH SALAAH:
(O Allah! If he was righteous, then increase his reward, and if he had erred then pardon his mistakes and deprive us not of his reward, and try us not after him.)
(O Allah! Forgive him, and have mercy upon him. And raise his rank.)
(Oh Allah! Forgive him, have mercy upon him, give him peace and absolve him. Receive him honorably and make his grave spacious. Wash with water, snow and hail. Clean him from faults as You clean a white garment from impurity. Provide him with an abode better than his abode, with a household better than his household. Admit him to Jannat and protect him from the torment of the grave and punishment of the Fire.)
(Oh Allah! Forgive him, and have mercy upon him. Surely You alone are the Forgiver, the Merciful.)
(O Allah! Protect him from the punishment of the grave.)