- It is Sunnat to make the Niyyat for wudhu.
- For Wudhu one should make the Niyyat at heart that he is performing Wudhu to get rid of Hadas-e-Asgar.
- Hadas-e-Asgar: Means the need of Wudhu.
Du’a before commencing Wudhu:
1. To wash one’s hands,face and feet, etc. before performing Namaaz is called Wudhu or Ablution. No Namaaz/Salaah is accepted without Wudhu.
2. One should sit on a high and clean place to perform Wudhu. Face the direction towards the Holy Ka’ba Sharif if possible.
3. Using Taahir (clean) water first was both the hands up the wrists 3 times.
4. Use a Miswaak (Wood-Stick toothbrush) to clean the teeth (if available). It is Sunnat to make Miswaak during Wudhu, using a Miswaak increases the reward of a Namaaz 70 times.
5. Gargle the mouth 3 times
6. Thereafter take water up to the nostrils 3 times with the right hand and clean the nose with the left hand.
7. Then wash your face 3 times. Wash from the hairy part of the forehead to below the chin from one ear lobe to the other.
8. Then make Khilaal of the beard (pass wet fingers through the beard).
9. Thereafter wash the right hand including the elbows 3 times.
10. Then wash the Left hand including the elbows 3 times.
11. Then make Khilaal of the fingers (pass water through the fingers).
12. Thereafter wet the hands and pass them over the head, ears and nape once only. It is known as Masah.
13. Now wash both feet including the ankles 3 times. First the right foot then the left foot.
- Please note: Use left hand for Khilaal of toes and when washing feet
- First was the right foot including the ankle and then make Khilaal of the toes
- Beginning with the little toe on the right foot
- then wash the left foot including the ankle and then intake Khilaal of the toes
- Completing at the little toe of the left foot