- “O Allah, I am making Tayammum for Wudhu, to perform my namaaz”
- “O Allah, I am making Tayammum for Ghusl, to recite the Quraan”
- Strike both hands on clean earth or dust.
- Then dust the hands and blow off the excess dust or earth on the hands.
- Rub both the hands over the complete face without leaving a hair’s breadth of space.
- Strike both hands again on the clean earth or dust again.
- Then dust the hands and blow off the excess dust.
- Rub the left hand over the complete right hand including the elbow.
- Rub the right hand over the complete left hand including the elbow.
- Then do Khilaal of fingers. If one is wearing a ring it is necessary to remove it or at least revolve it.
- It is Sunnat to do Khilaal of the beard also.