SALAAH OF A SICK PERSON
A person is ALLOWED to perform his SALAAT in the SITTING POSITION under these circumstances:
- When a SICK person has NO STRENGTH to STAND and perform his Salaat.
- STANDING causes him GREAT PAIN.
- It may INCREASE his ILLNESS.
- When a SICK person is ABLE to STAND but CANNOT go into RUKU or SAJDA.
- If a person does NOT have the strength to make RUKU or SAJDA, then the Ruku and Sajdah must be made by ISHARA (gestures), i.e. BOWING the HEAD SLIGHTLY for RUKU and MORE for SAJDA.
- If a person CANNOT perform his Salaat while SITTING, then he should perform it LYING DOWN.