It is from the teachings of Rasulullah (S.A.W.) that one should console and comfort a Muslim who is in distress. Rasulullah (S.A.W.) has said: “He who consoles the one in distress shall be rewarded as much as the bereaved.”
ONE SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THESE FEW POINTS WHILE GIVING TA’ZIAT:
- One should be most HUMBLE.
- Express his GRIEF.
- Speak less about WORLDLY affairs.
- Should NOT joke or laugh.
- Mention the good acts and deeds of the deceased and abstain from the ill ones.
- Rasulullah (S.A.W.) has said: “Mention the GOOD actions of your deceased and abstain from the OFFENSIVE ones.”
- The time for TA’ZIAT extends for THREE days after the death. It is MAKROOH to make TA’ZIAT after this period, except in cases where one is NOT present at the Janaazah or when the bereaved is absent.
- Ta’ziat before the burial is permissible.