THE METHOD OF MASAH ALAL KHUFFAIN IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Draw the fingers of the right hand on the upper surface of the Khuffain starting from the toes and ending (the Masah) at the foreleg (just above the ankle). The Masah should be done only once on each sock. The right hand should be used for the right Khuff and the left hand for the left Khuff.
- If the back of the hand was used to make the Masah, it will be valid. However, one should not unnecessarily deviate from the correct Sunnah method.
- It is not permissible to make Masah on the side or at the under surface of the Khuffain. It is FARDH to make Masah on each sock to the extent of three full fingers, i.e. the full surface area of three fingers must
be drawn from the toes to the foreleg.
- The following acts will nullify the Masah which was made on the Khuffain :
1. All things which break Wudhu.
2. Removal of the Khuff (sock).
3. The expiry of the period, i.e. 24 hours for the Muqeem and 72 hours for the Musaafir.
- If only one sock was removed then, too, it is Wajib to remove the other one and wash both feet.
- Even if only the foreleg is exposed by lowering the Khuff, it will be regarded as if the whole sock has been removed. It will then be COMPULSORY to remove the Khuffain and wash both feet.