When Entering al-Masjid-un-Nabawi(The Prophet’s (P.B.U.H.) Masjid)
If possible enter from Bab al-Jibril with the right foot with the intention of Nafl I`tikaaf and recite:
- Perform two rak`ahs Salaah upon entry into the Masjid.
- Women may not be able to gain entry to the Rawdah straight away. They should go into the women’s section at the rear of the masjid and perform these acts there.
- Women will be allowed to present themselves at the resting place of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) at certain times. They should walk acknowledging the sacredness of the place, and get to whatever place is available and send salutations upon the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) and his Companions. Once there, they too can perform the various acts of the Masjid.
- When inside the Masjid, while one will be overwhelmed by the magnificence of the place, one’s attention and focus should remain on one’s Ibaadat, as one is not there to sight-see.
- Do not prostrate or even bend down (in ruku`) before the grave of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.). Do not face the grave from any direction for the sake of making Salaah with the intention that the grave is there. To do so is not in accordance with the teachings or liking of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.). One should remember that they are there out of love for the Prophet (P.B.U.H.), not for objects which were not around at the time of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).